Am an African not because I was born in africa, but because Africa was born in me.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

'AM SORRY' An open letter to my ANCESTORS.

Am SORRY . . . . . . for the times I constantly felt unworthy because of my race the times I blamed my own skin color for things I couldn't do . . . . SORRY for the times I tried to run away from my own race when in fact I was only running away from that which I was . . . . SORRY for the many times I smeared skin bleaching creams all over my body to be lighter, in order to feel more beautiful and less black . . . . SORRY for the many many many times have blamed slaverly for almost everything under the sun . . . . . SORRY for the times I believed the lie that I don't deserve greatness,that I would never find blessings because of my race. With that said I would love to say, THANK. . . . To everyone who ever existed before me, all my ancestors who are alive and well inside of me because thats where they truly belong . . . . Maybe I should be slaughtering a cow right about now to honour this moment :-) because today my DNA says that I am Bemba,black race, a writer, a non-conformist,a freespirt, a lion, a poet, a fighter, a son of the soil, a friend, a brother, a protector and I come from a people who have re-defined the strength of a human being...And this is where I BELONG.

2 comments:

  1. Yess This is where we all belong. I can never trade my home for anything. I am a proud African!!!!
    "I am an African, not because I was born in Africa but because Africa is born in me." - Nkwame Nkrumah

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Iam an African, not because I was born in Africa but because Africa was born im me." perfect need I say more? I LOVE IT @Chanda

    ReplyDelete